Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Am a "24" Addict

Okay, so maybe it's not PC to admit an addiction to a television show, but I just can't help myself.

Hi, my name is Okami and I am a 24 addict. (Is there a 12, er, 24-step program for people like me?)

I've watched every episode since the show began, what? OMG! 8 years ago!

I avoided the first season in real time, but my better half taped, yes...taped, as in used a VCR, every episode. I ended up watching them nonstop over a holiday weekend and that was all she wrote...I was hooked.

It is nice to know that I'm not alone, as a lot of my FPN friends are also addicts, just check out the discussion on FPN (if you are a member, if not and you like fountain pens, please join) "24" Returns (sorry, guys, you've been outed).

So this season we began watching again through the beginning of February, when work began to interfere with any television viewing. Now that my busy season is done and I have "free" time we've been catching up.

Just when I think that television cannot surprise me, I'm surprised. The show is addictive and creative and yes, scary. It makes you wonder, what is really going on behind all those closed doors in our government and what aren't they telling us?

My bigger question is... would I really want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment