Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wax Seal Preview

Here is a sneak peak at my lovely new wax seal and wax from The Design Station. I just had to try to out on a letter going out to a penpal.

The top photo is the stamp I did on the letter itself, this is Waterston's Metallic Blue. On the envelope I used Waterston's Violet. I'm obviously going to need more practice, I dripped on the envelope.

I used the stamp inside AND out, so that I can see how it survives the mailing systems between here and Sweden, where this letter is going.

I apologize for the ineptitude of these photos, the lighting is terrible.

If you look closely enough you will see that this seal is a Celtic Double Dog design. I love this design, but that also is another post.



Nrepose said...

Very nice design. I love wax seals on letters. Nr

The Missive Maven said...

Looks lovely! I look forward to hearing how it makes it overseas. I don't use wax seals myself (yet), but I receive a lot. I find that they travel here in the U.S. pretty quickly and well, but whenever I get one from Canada or the UK, there seems to be a greater delay than from the average letter that does NOT have a wax seal.

But hey, anyone who uses snail mail is patient, and it's worth the wait!

all-my-hues said...

So shiny... <3
Did you get any other seals?

Okami said...

Just the one seal for the moment but 10 different colors of the wax.

Post a Comment