Saturday, June 27, 2009

The definition of for a notebook

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein or Benjamin Franklin - can't seem to find verification of who actually said it. But "whatever"!

Well I must be insane, because I insist on purchasing Moleskine notebooks and hoping that the paper will suddenly become fountain pen friendly.


I always wonder that the notebook of Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, and Bruce Chatwin is not fountain pen friendly. What do they think these people wrote with?

But all was not lost, I will find a use for the Moleskine - as a workout journal, I use a ball point pen or pencil for this, since sweat and fountain pen ink do not mix well.

Also, when I purchased this Moleskine I picked up a Reporter Style Notebook from a company called Compendium, Inc. the website is . I have to admit that I did not expect a lot from this notebook, it was nice to look at and the paper feels good, the cover is hard and it closes with an elastic closure similar to the Moleskine. It contains 96 lined pages and every fourth page has a quote at the bottom, which was kind of cool.

So I gave it a test drive and was pleasantly surprised by its performance. If performed admirably with the fountain pens that I put to it, there was no feathering of the inks and no bleed through, although there was a minor amount of show through. This is a very nice little notebook which retails for $7.95 on the website. I think that it has a future with me.

Here is the link for the full line of these Reporter Style Notebooks. This company also carries a range of products including gift books, greeting cards, notebooks, Window Cards™, postcards and desk accessories - check out the website they have a very nice selection of products, including what they call "Positively Green" products.

Here are my photos and written tests of the notebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment