Sunday, July 5, 2009

How many pens is too many...

My better half says - anything more than one pen is too much. Ink? What's that for?

This post was scheduled for next week, but since I hope to start a series of posts on the pens that I own, I thought that I should put this one up first.

The photos were actually hard work. Whew! The notebooks were the hardest, just when I thought I had them all in the photo I realized that I missed some and had to do it again (and again and again).

Pens, pens and more pens (43, currently) - there are ten more "office" pens not in the picture

Bottled inks and supplies (31 bottles)

Ink Samples from FPN trades (44 sample vials)

And then there are notebooks too (37 of those)

13 comments:

Sam said...

What a fantastic collection, thanks for sharing. I thought I had a few FPs till I saw this! :) I love your display of all the inks you own.

The Missive Maven said...

Ah, the hobby, it does get out of hand...

I am so enamored of how organized your ink samples are!!

Nrepose said...

This is wonderful Okami. I love seeing collections like this and wish I could go out and expand mine. Thanks for sharing. Nr

Gentian said...

I love the drawer your inks are in! Very nice notebooks too!

Nrepose said...

I'm also interested to know how well the plastic bottles work for ink storage. Thanks Nr

Okami said...

The drawers that hold the inks came from Target, if anyone is interested.

Okami said...

The small vials are used for ink trades at the Fountain Pen Network, they probably hold enough ink for 3-4 fills. So far they have been great, no issues. You do have to be careful to make sure that the caps are on tight.

Jay said...

I'm interested in the very topmost notebook. Could we get a closer look? Where did you get it?

Jay

Okami said...

Jay, that topmost notebook is an Exacompta Nostalgie - I've had it for at least 10 years, you can see here http://www.exaclair.com/catalogs/22_23.html

2WheelTaz said...

it's always such a relief to find people with worse addictions than my own.

marchmoonnet said...

It's always a relief to find people with worse addictions than myself.

phonelady said...

wow pens galore !!! what do you reccomend ? in the way of pens I mean .

Okami said...

Phonelady - if you are a fountain pen newbie, you can't go wrong with a Lamy Safari. They are inexpensive and durable. I have two and another on the way.

Post a Comment