Friday, June 5, 2009

An Ink and Paper Review - Herbin and Clairefontaine




Back in February, Quo Vadis Blog offered up some Herbin inks in exchange for reviewing them. I was very late jumping in and did not think that they would have any ink still available but, of course, if you know them - they found some for me. I offered to review the J. Herbin Vert Empire, since it looked like it would be a luscious deep green - I really like greens (and purples and reds...heck, I just like COLOR!).

Then, after having discovered the Quo Vadis Blog and becoming a faithful follower, I entered their monthly Where to Go Contest and as a result received a Clairefontaine Basics Notebook. I selected the clothbound version, in green, of course, to match the ink that I was receiving. I don't know why the website does not show this notebook in green, but I also had an option of the black, tan or red. (If you click on the Buy Now button you will see all four color options).

So the review - I really like this ink, please click on the photos above to read the full handwritten review, and I also like the notebook very much. The notebook has a nice soft back cover, stitched binding and 90 g pH neutral, acid-free paper with a smooth satin finish. The paper is the usual high quality Clairefontaine product.

This being said I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Very nice review, thanks for sharing. I hadn't considered Herbin's Vert Empire till I read this, but I guess it'll have to go no the ink Wish List now. :)

I also have the brown Basics notebook (which I love), for some reason it's called the 'Age Bag' this side of the pond.

Okami said...

Sam, The more I use this ink the more I like it. I really is a wonderful green.

Post a Comment