Friday, July 24, 2009

Featured Pen - Salz BCHR

This is a vintage fountain pen in black chased hard rubber with a very nice semi-flex/flex 14K gold nib. It is a lever fill pen. Which means that you HAVE to buy bottled fountain pen ink. I have no idea when this pen was manufactured, but Salz was issued their last patent sometime in the late 1940's.

I was not able to find out a lot about the Salz Pen Company, but read this thread at the Fountain Pen Network for some very interesting background on the owners of the company.

Below is a writing sample: I am a rank amateur when it comes to the use of a flexible nib, which is one of the reasons I purchased this pen. The nib is smooth as silk and writes with a fine line until pressure is applied.

Fellow blogger Leigh Reyes, My Life As a Verb is a true expert with a flex nib. Please watch her video Strange Overtones, with calligraphy, you will be amazed.

1 comment:

Nrepose said...

Beautiful pen! Yet another to put on the "I Want!" lsit. Nr

Post a Comment