Saturday, August 1, 2009

Review: Ciak Multicolor Ruled Notebook

(The following photo was borrowed from Journaling Arts website)

First, I need to extend my sincerest apologies to Cynthia over at Journaling Arts for not posting this review sooner. I have had this journal for some time and had all the best intentions of completing this review much more promptly. I can provide no excuse other than I just didn't get around to it. But no matter, the review is now complete.

This journal is the Ciak Multi Color Ruled Notebook, Small - Black. When I purchased it, black was the only color available, so be sure to check out all the other colors now available - red, lilac, turquoise - and the other sizes.

This is a small journal perfect for a pocket or purse, here is the product description from the Journaling Arts website:

• Buttery-Soft, Gorgeous Black Cover
• Sleek, Italian Design in a Rainbow of Colors
• Patented Elastic Closure Keeps Everything Compact
• 128 Leaves, 256 Pages of Multicolor Paper
• 32 Pages Per Color
• Smooth, Rounded Corners Don't Get Stuck in Your Pocket
• Acid-Free Paper Resists Ink Bleed through
• Hand-Crafted in Italy
• A Ribbon Place Holder to Keep You Organized
• New, in Original Packaging, Measures 3½" X 5½"

Please excuse the awful camera work, I just can't seem to get the lighting right.

Ciak on the right and small Moleskine on the left. The Ciak has no back pocket, but honestly, I've never used the pocket in any of my journals. I tend to just stick things inside the front or back cover or between the pages.

The Ciak has 256 pages vs Molekine's 192. Here you can see the layers of multicolor pages which is why I bought this journal to begin with. I love color.

The Ciak journal does not lay flat when opened up which may be an issue for some people, but that has never been a concern for me.

Finally, the ultimate test - withstanding fountain pen and ink. The Ciak performs admirably - no feathering, no bleedthrough and just the smallest amount of show through which I think most of us can easily live with.

Now after your are done ogling the journals and other great stuff at Journaling Arts, be sure to check out Cynthia's blog and awesome artistic talent at her Journaling Arts Blog.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Great post and review! :) I've looked at the Ciak journals before and, based on your review, I may well stop looking and buy one next time I see them.

Post a Comment