Thursday, September 17, 2009

Are they really Heros?

Well, it looks like my Hero 616s might be knockoff Hero 616s. All I can tell you is that I purchased them from eBay from SFC Direct and here is the photo and description:

Brand New pens mint in package. Very well made and feature their smooth fine nibs, plain designed and durable.

Get 10 PCs at a time! Choose these pens directly from manufacturer in China to get the best performance pens at an incredible low price! They are very suitable for office writing or your school boys/girls.

Brand Name: Hero
'Hero' since 1931, has been a famous pen brand in the world, and is the most popular one in China.


* Length (Approx.): 140mm
* Material: Metal Cap and Plastic Body
* Nib: Hooded fine(F) nib
* Cap: Push Type
* Unremovable pump
* Quantity: Pkg of 10 (Three colors mixed: black, claret-red, dark green)

Note: Please be reminded that due lighting effects, monitor's brightness/contrast settings etc, there could be some slight differences in the colour tone of the website's photo and the actual item.

The clip on the pens say "Fen Weng" and "616 Made in China" on the cap. If they aren't real Hero's I apologize, but I hope the winners still enjoy using their pens.

Julie aka Okami


phonelady said...

Oh they are so beautifull and I bet you wanted to cry did nt you ? those are some awesome pens my dear .Be carefull you might get addicted , Oh wait that is me LOL !!!

stev0themarried said...

Update - I'm definitely enjoying the pen you sent me! Thank-you again!
I was having some trouble with leaking but after I figured out how to adjust the pen nib a bit It works great. Maybe I'll try putting some sealant around the edges. (any suggestion of a sealant for it?

A real scratchy nib, but lays down a descent thin/wet line. ( Using Noodler's Bulletproof Black).
I really like the style of the pen. It lacks the heft of a more expensive fountain pen, but it's great for trying out new inks. It makes me want an old Parker 51.

Thanks again for the FREE pen. :)

stephen k.

Post a Comment