Monday, October 26, 2009

Emily the Strange Fold and Mail

Another product from Dark Horse comics (jeez, do these guys never stop?) I actually purchased this stationery from Better World Books.

I thought that Emily was very appropriate for Halloween so have used her quite a bit lately. The only complaint I have with this stationery is that it is not particularly fountain pen friendly. The exterior does not accept fountain pen ink well at all so I usually address the letters with ball points. The interior accepts the ink much better but there is bleed and show through as you can see from the photos.

However, this stationery is fun and I will continue to use it









3 comments:

Sara said...

i am such a sucker for Emily Strange stuff... passed up journals and these cards before and now i haven't seen them since - i kick myself frequently >.<

Laura Eno said...

This stationary suits my personality.;)

The Missive Maven said...

I always use Noodler's Heart of Darkness on the envelopes, in a Pilot Varsity. That lays down enough ink to show clearly. But that's the only ink I'll use for addressing these... and in the black corners I usually use a silver gel pen for a return address, like this.

Post a Comment