Saturday, October 3, 2009

Reynolds Encre Effacable from France

This post is about some very interesting fountain pen ink, Reynolds Erasable ink which I received from my friend and follow blogger of Mr. Sir's Blog, you can also follow him on Twitter @ecram.

I was not able to find any information about this ink, except in French which I can't read. So I'm just going to tell you about it.

This ink comes in standard cartridges and the carts that Eric sent are blue. I'm not sure if it comes in other colors or not.

This ink comes with an interesting accessory, it's own eraser and what I have termed "the repairman". The eraser end is effectively a marker which contains some sort of secret solution which magically erases the fountain pen ink from the paper. After you have used this marker, you are no longer able to use the fountain pen ink on the area of the paper which has been treated, so in comes the repairman which is used to rewrite the erased words, if needed.

I have used this in my journal with great success, no need to cross out misspelled words - YAY! The photos here show it on Rhodia paper which also worked will, however the ink color from the repairman did not match up as well, I think that it just reacts differently to different types of paper.
















5 comments:

SirCram said...

thanks for the great review!

DW said...

I used to have many types of Reynolds pens and loved them. Sadly, I no longer have any. Does anyone know of anyway I can order some via the internet? Not the Reynolds company from India, the French company.... :-)

Anonymous said...

I got my first reynolds pen 11 years ago when I went to France on an exchange trip. I recently found my pen but it is broken and my erasers are almost dried up. I would love to purchase more of them if anyone knows where you can find them online.

Anonymous said...

I found this post while trying to find the cartridges! They are amazing... make me happy every time I write. Hope I can find where to order them online, if so, will post again :)

Flukthagen said...

I have this pen in pink! Love it, but sadly I just have one cartridge of ink left...

Post a Comment