Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pear Tree Pens - Mystery Inks and 100th Post

You know how when TV shows air their 100th episode they make this big to do about it.

Here is my big to do:

On to the mystery inks. Today I received these two little bottles of ink from Pear Tree Pens. They had contacted me and asked if I would be interested in trying out some ink that they do not currently carry in stock, I said sure. Who me, turn down free ink? Not a chance.

Below you will find the reviews, you can click on them to make them larger - unfortunately the pics are not exactly true to color - BLAST! But let me say this, these are both fine inks and I would definitely buy the blue/green ink, it is absolutely luscious. Also, the Iroshizuku shin-ryoku is a wonderful deep, deep green not quite a dark as it looks here.

If I liked black ink this black would also be on my list, but I'm just not a fan of black inks or blues, for the most part.

So take a look and when James and Ryan decide to let me know exactly what these inks are, I will be sure to let you know.

Oh yeah, those new sample bottles? Thumbs up, guys! The other bottles were cute but a real pain in the patootie to get ink out of.


Gentian said...

Hhehe I love your fireworks! :D Congratulations. Also I love that mystery blue green colour. Shin-ryoku seems nice too.

The Missive Maven said...

I am also salivating over that mystery blue-green color - must know what it is!!!

Andy McNally said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!!! I love the blue/green ink color. Curious to see who makes it :)

phonelady said...

wow you and your inks LOL !!! Love the fireworks . today is the first day I have been out of bed in a wk . I have had the flu .

dianeb said...

Congrats on your 100th post! And that blue-green ink is incredible, I second The Missive Maven-must know what it is!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I agree with you on blacks. I think that green is an interesting color. Kind of ice green, isn't it? Or maybe sea green.

Post a Comment