Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Twenty Ten!!


2009 has been a difficult year for many people and a difficult year economically for most of the world.

I lost my only uncle on the Saturday before Christmas (my father's brother). For those for you who do not know me well, my father was killed in 1967, in Vietnam, and so my uncle was a very big part of my family; as a result this Christmas was a little dampened with sadness.

We then received the horrible news on December 30 that George's 20 year old nephew had been found dead. So to say that 2009 ended on a bad note would be an understatement and I am very glad to see the end of it.

But I truly have many things to be thankful for. I began my blog back in May and really began my participation in the Twitter social network around the same time.

Now for a short list of some great things that I discovered in 2009:

1. Moleskine Sketchbooks and Watercolor Journals - I love these they are the perfect size. I hope to discover the Exacompta Sketchbook in 2010.

2. Several wonderful artjournaling sites and blogs.

daisy yellow
Water Blossoms
A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

Art Journaling

In addition to the above there are some very awesome art journaling sites on Flickr, I could not begin to list these. Just go take a look.

3. Acrylic Paints

4. Watercolor Paints

5. Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watercolor pastels

6. Acrylic mediums and textures

7. My own creativity

8. Lamy Safari fountain pens

9. My blog

10. Last but certainly not least. All the wonderful new acquaintances I have made here and on Twitter who have led me to all the above discoveries. I have made the acquaintance of some of the most wonderful people and have begun what I hope are long lasting friendships with many. I have been inspired by many of you; through your words, your actions and your continued encouragement.

I want to thank all of you for the blessings that you have brought to me and wish for all of you a most wonderful and successful 2010.

Thank you!!!


JoniB said...

Julie, I am so sorry your year ended so saddly. *gives big hug* 2010 just HAS to be better for us.

Gentian said...

Happy New Year Julie! I hope it is a great one for you.

I'm so sorry again about your Uncle's passing as well as that of George's nephew.

I always enjoy your blog and look forward to your posts in the upcoming year.

phonelady said...

My condonlenses to george on the loss of his nephew . My goodness we all certainly have had a rough year havent we ? I m glad to see 2009 go too . I hope that 2010 will be better for all of us . Happy 2010 to you my dear , have a great day .

Zuzu said...

I hope you are left with happy memories of those people who are now gone and I wish 2010 will bring you even more wonderful memories.

Sam said...

Happy New Year!!

My sincerest condolences. Here's hoping 2010 brings you & George good health, peace and happiness.

I am privileged to have met you through your blog and Twitter.

Dawn D. Sokol said...

So sorry to hear about your losses. May 2010 bless you with much better times. (and thank you for the mention!)

ecologicstoryteller said...

Happy New Year!! I wish you love and happiness to the new year!

Laura Eno said...

I'm sorry that these past few weeks have been so rough for you. May 2010 bring you peace.

bengkia said...

Hey Julie, sorry to hear about your family's losses in 2009. I hope 2010 is a better year for us all. I have enjoyed reading your blog and hope to continue to see more from you. Happy New Year! :)

Matt said...

Julie, Im sad to hear all that went bad at the end of the year for you. Best wishes for a great 2010, we all need a good year. Hopefully, this one will play nice for everyone. said...

It's a little late for me to wish a happy new year to you but I've been traveling. However, happy new year. Sorry for the losses you've experienced. I hope the remainder of the year is devoid of any more bad news and brings many pens.

dandelion said...

I am also late, but just want to say that I am so sorry to hear about your losses and that I think about you and hope that your 2010 will bring much less ordeals and a lot of happiness!

Post a Comment