2009 has been a difficult year for many people and a difficult year economically for most of the world.
I lost my only uncle on the Saturday before Christmas (my father's brother). For those for you who do not know me well, my father was killed in 1967, in Vietnam, and so my uncle was a very big part of my family; as a result this Christmas was a little dampened with sadness.
We then received the horrible news on December 30 that George's 20 year old nephew had been found dead. So to say that 2009 ended on a bad note would be an understatement and I am very glad to see the end of it.
But I truly have many things to be thankful for. I began my blog back in May and really began my participation in the Twitter social network around the same time.
Now for a short list of some great things that I discovered in 2009:
1. Moleskine Sketchbooks and Watercolor Journals - I love these they are the perfect size. I hope to discover the Exacompta Sketchbook in 2010.
2. Several wonderful artjournaling sites and blogs.
A Year in the Life of an Art Journal
In addition to the above there are some very awesome art journaling sites on Flickr, I could not begin to list these. Just go take a look.
3. Acrylic Paints
4. Watercolor Paints
5. Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watercolor pastels
6. Acrylic mediums and textures
7. My own creativity
8. Lamy Safari fountain pens
9. My blog
10. Last but certainly not least. All the wonderful new acquaintances I have made here and on Twitter who have led me to all the above discoveries. I have made the acquaintance of some of the most wonderful people and have begun what I hope are long lasting friendships with many. I have been inspired by many of you; through your words, your actions and your continued encouragement.
I want to thank all of you for the blessings that you have brought to me and wish for all of you a most wonderful and successful 2010.