Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Venture into Art

First let me say that I did not create this design, it is free clipart from a wonderful website called Aon Celtic Art.



First I traced the image onto black Canson Mi-Tieintes Pastel Paper (thanks to the recommendation of BiffyBeans). I then when over the traced image in pencil.



Then I began filling in the image with Caran D'Ache Neocolor II watercolor pastels. I first saw these lovely watercolor pastels on Journaling Arts blog, Cynthia's artwork inspired me to by a set.



Although I am not 100% satisfied with the result, it didn't turn out too bad.

8 comments:

Sam said...

Ooh, that's lovely! I do have a penchant for all things Celtic, and I love the colours in your finished illustration. Looking forward to seeing more of your art projects. :)

Julie (Okami) said...

Thanks, me too - definitely will try more.

phonelady said...

that is awesome Julie !!!

JoniB said...

I like it. Something about the Celtic designs just screams "mystery" - which then gets my imagination perking. I'll have to check out that site this weekend. Thanks!

bengkia said...

very nice. you're off to a good start. :) I find celtic knotwork very interesting and the principles of construction a challenge to understand, but well worth the effort.

Melissa said...

I'm coveting those watercolor pastels now. I really like this. Thank you for sharing it!

Melissa said...

P.S. Thanks for sharing the link to the Celtic art site!

Becky said...

Beautiful! I really love the design and colors. So gorgeous!

Post a Comment