Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rohrer and Klingner Ink Reviews

I received these wonderful ink samples from Pear Tree Pens and have been very remiss in not posting these reviews sooner.

Editors note: After I posted this review I received an email, as I'm sure many of you did, announcing that Pear Tree Pens will now be carrying the R & K line and that the first shipment is in route - WOO HOO!!

Rohrer and Klingner is a very old company, producing inks of all kinds since 1892. Their "writing ink" come in 16 colors plus two iron gall based inks. These are wonderful inks - please click on the handwritten reviews below to read more and see these great colors (4 more reviews to come):



7 comments:

phonelady said...

Love those colors and I guess you could say I am definately a color person . great and looking forward to more of these .

Sam said...

I have a bottle of Rohrer & Knlingner ink and was very impressed with it. I really like the look of the Verdura green ink you've reviewed here - might have to invest in a bottle of that too.

Anonymous said...

Verdura is very nice.

I have Smaragdgrun and it's rather brighter than that, in fact I think it's a bit too "in your face". On my monitor the Verdura looks like a slightly darker Visconti Green.

I'm looking forward to the next lot of reviews...

Carl

Anonymous said...

Ooh ooh -looking at the Solferno review now I want PR Plum - that's not fair you know I'm supposed to be on a budget.

Carl

Gentian said...

I need to try some of these inks. Those colours are wonderful!

JoniB said...

Your tests give so much more to the colors than the R&K website you linked to. I really like the look of the Verdura in particular.

Thanks for these tests! It really helps when trying to decide what to go for next.

lady dandelion said...

Very thorough, useful reviews of inks I'm curious of! I particularly like the water tests and smear tests! And your handwriting!

Post a Comment