Sunday, April 25, 2010

Suncoast Fountain Pen Fanatics

Fun was had by all - well, at least I had a great time. We had a small group of six attend and we spent almost four hours passing around pens, playing with models that we were unfamiliar with and admiring inks that we don't own ourselves.

If you are a fountain pen fan and have never had the opportunity to attend a meetup you should, it's an awesome opportunity to get together with people who have the same interests. With the number of members at the Fountain Pen Network, it amazes me that we seem to have difficulty actually pulling people together to meet. I mean there are clubs for everything and a lot of them meet regularly.

So come on Fountain Pen People!!! Let's try to make this a regular thing. Unite, draw out your pens and raise them high!!!


Bleets said...

Looks like a great time, Julie. Hope I can make it to the next get together. For the time being I'm badly jet lagged.


JoniB said...

That looks like it was fun! I love the open friendly faces in the group. Wish I could have been there.

Julie said...

That's great! We had a local get together last weekend. So much adult ohing and awing, who knew? Very fun!

Jackie Flaherty said...

Thanks for sharing this. I love all the photos. I'll bet others will start coming as the word spreads. One of the things I want to do when Letters & Journals is up and running is have retreats and conventions with workshops like this. So I'm inspired to see groups like this get together.


Patrick @ The Norsk Woodhop said...

Thanks for the pictures Julie. I had a great time and soaked up so much information!

Post a Comment