Thursday, July 22, 2010

Featured Pen Followup - Aurora 88

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

First, let me apologize for not having a new Featured Pen post this week, but I attended the Miami Pen Show on Friday and Saturday, getting home on Sunday afternoon and did not have time to do a complete post.

But I did want to share with you my new and improved Aurora 88, which I featured just two weeks ago.

I was very happy with this pen as a medium, but I knew that with a little work this could be a pen that I would love. So took this pen to the show with me because I knew that master nibmeister, Mike Masuyama, of Mike-It-Work was going to be there.

So I had Mike turn this lovely 18kt medium nib into a crisp, cursive italic. I ADORE it!!

He also did some other work and I acquired some new pens to review. But that will have to wait until I have the time to really sit down and compose a proper post.

Below is my original writing sample and next to it, the new and improved 88.

1 comment:

bleubug said...

I love the "before and after" samples! That's really a super idea to show the change. You always depend on someone saying "oh, it's so much better now" with nib work but here you have proof. :D

Post a Comment