Monday, August 9, 2010

Inky Monday - A Bevy of Browns

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

My friend and fellow ink hoarder herder, LadyTortoise, kindly sent me the following photos of the brown inks in her collection. I had to convince her to let me post these, but finally I prevailed.

Unless otherwise noted these samples were done with a dip pen.

I am hoping to convince her to do a few guest blog posts on her amazing pen collection, but I think that she needs further convincing.

As is typical of photos and scans, these may not be completely true to color but they can really give you a good idea of how the different browns compare to each other.  Especially if you already own some on these pages.

The paper is Clairefontaine.  Thank you again, LadyTortoise, for providing these.


bleubug said...

Nice display of inks! Thanks.

PostMuse said...

Ooooo ... I have been hunting browns! I think Iroshizuku Tsukushi might be on my wishlist. My other hunt is for a dark green ....

Thank you for this wonderful post!

Post a Comment