Monday, September 20, 2010

Picadilly Small Primo Journal

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


Some time ago I was at Barnes and Noble and they had their Piccadilly Primo Journals on sale, so I grabbed a couple.  This one is the small, I also picked up the same journal in the medium size.  The small measures 3-1/2" by 5-1/2".



The cover of this journal has a rubbery texture, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up to rough use, it is simply glued to the notebook and when I examined it closely the cover was already beginning to separate.


This notebook DOES NOT lay flat without effort, but for such a small notebook it has a lot of pages.  288 line pages - that's a bunch.


There is no back pocket, but it does have a marker ribbon.


The bigger disappointment though was the paper.  It is 100 gsm cream paper and feels like it will perform very well.  But many of my inks feathered and almost all had show through or bleed through to some extent.  


I may at some time have to check out their other products to see if they perform any better.  I'm not going to count them out completely yet.

Now if you have made it this far through the post, I have a surprise.  I'm giving away the medium unopened Primo.  Because of problems with past giveaways there are some new rules:

1.  You must be a regular follower of my blog, either through Google, email or an RSS feed, please do not waste my time and everyone else's if you are not going to see the post telling you that you are the winner.  Please just tell me how you are following.

2.  You must contact me within 7 days of this post.

3.  You do NOT need to be a U.S. resident, I am thrilled to recognize my International readers as well and will ship worldwide.

You have until Saturday, Sept 25 at midnight to comment, the winner will be drawn on Sunday the 26th.

25 comments:

Speedmaster said...

Cool, thanks! ;-)

seal said...

Dear Julie
I would like to win this notebook
I follow you through google reader

Sara said...

i stalk you through google reader and on Twitter :)

I actually like these XD ...

Thanks for the chance =)

Bridgett said...

Hi, I would love to win this journal. I follow you thru RSS. Thanks for the opportunity to win.

jocelyn said...

I follow via RSS! Put my name in the hat, please, I'd love to try this notebook out :)

G.S. aka frostdoll said...

Hi, I'd like to win this notebook.
I follow you through Google and Twitter

and next week I'll be away until October 1st :)

Dan said...

I am interested in trying this out. I follow your rss feed in iGoogle.

Peace,
Dan

Aimee said...

If I win this, note to self: use a pencil or a ballpoint, step away from the fps :) I follow you with google reader!

Aaron said...

Thanks for the chance! I follow you on Google Reader and Twitter.

Heather said...

Thanks for the giveaway! I'd love to try this notebook out, and I'm following you on Google Reader.

Bruno Taut said...

Here I am, ready to adopt your 100 gsm notebook. Some day we should discuss the important parameters in paper--obviously, density is not all, as we all knew. But then, how could we judge the "pen quality" of any paper?

Just now I am using a 75 gsm recicled paper Kokuyo notebook... It does not bleed, it does not feather.

Whatever is in my bloglist. Is that a feed? Excuse my technological ignorance.

Cheers,

BT

Marco said...

I would love to win the medium notebook, I follow through Google Reader.

Superpooky said...

Those fly by nights! I of course follow you

AlexD said...

I'm interested in this one! Google Reader here.

Erin C. said...

Hi, I follow you through Google Reader. I am curious as to why 100gsm paper would have that bleed-through. Still, I would love to try it!

major_works said...

I'd love a chance to win. I follow you with the Sage RSS reader.

Gun-Ik said...

Me me me! Gotcha via RSS. :)

X said...

hey, I would love to have one. My current journal wouldn't hold me much longer...

phonelady said...

well count me in on this one dear and have an awesome day .

Scott said...

You're in my regular pens/paper/journal blog rotation, and Piccadilly notebooks are awesome. Hope I win!

kookychick said...

Thanks for the giveaway and review! Even though you experienced feathering and bleedthrough, it would be fun to try it out myself! I'm following through an RSS feed on Google Reader. :)

Asian treasure Hunt said...

hey Julie,

Nice journal. It is bit hard to get english print/style journals in Japan.

If you are really into the paper then you should try Pilots Paper note it has awesome paper and ink flows like butter on it.

Nice post!!

Raul
http://asiantreasurehunt.blogspot.com/

Andrew said...

I'll give it a try if I win. In the meantime you might want to try the Eccolo notebooks. I bought a couple 4" x 6" at Staples for $5 each and found the paper to be quite good actually - no feathering, minimal show-through.

Tammu said...

Awesome! I follow you through Google Reader. ;)

ad4vs said...

I am a new follower to this blog and you have lots of good information. I have your latest letter and will return one to you shortly.

Post a Comment