Monday, October 25, 2010

Inky Monday: Wancher Original Inks - matcha

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

So if you follow my blog, you know that I have been reviewing and giving away a bottles of ink from the new Silk Road line from Wancher in Japan, see my first post here: Inky Monday - Wancher Original Inks - ebine. If you are a new follower, welcome!


From the Asian Treasure Hunt eBay site: 
The green color is very familiar with the Japanese green tea matcha. If you dig the history you will come to know that the green tea was introduced in Japan in Heian period around 794AD. The tea culture was widely used in Buddhism. Therefore the Japanese priests travelled along the Silk Road to learn the Chinese tea ceremony. Initially the tea was bought in a solid cake form and later the crushed powered form was used in Japan. In this way the green tea matcha was widespread throughout Japan. Henceforth the Green color was derived from the Green tea matcha.  
Asian Treasure Hunt and the Wancher ink line are brought to you by Raul Hunt and Taizo Okagaki of engeika.com.




The sample was written using a Lamy Vista with a 1.1 mm italic nib.  I took the photo outdoors in bright sunlight because my scanner is awful and the photos inside have not been running true to color. This photo is pretty good, but you'll need to make allowances for your monitor.


I really like this green.  It is a nice dark green, with adequate shading.  Like the other Wancher Silk Road inks it has a fairly long drying time on good paper, so just beware.  It had no feathering or showthrough on the Neenah Classic Crest 24 lb paper that I use for testing.

For the price $3.50 per 50 ml bottle (before shipping) this ink is a great deal.


So as with the other inks, I am giving away a bottle of this also, please read all the rules closely, you have until midnight on Saturday, October 30, U.S. EDT.

1. You must be a regular follower of my blog, either through Google, email or an RSS feed. Please just be honest and don't enter if you are not a regular follower.

2. Please leave an email address in your comment, I need a way to notify you if you are the winner. If I don't know how to reach you, you will have 7 days from the announcement of the winner to contact me.

3. You do NOT need to be a U.S. resident, I am thrilled to recognize my International readers as well and will ship worldwide.

17 comments:

range said...

Hi Julie, I read your blog via RSS through GReader.

David Neves said...

Fun green ink! Thanks for the giveaway!
Davidwneves at gmail dot com

Truppi said...

Oh man I love green ink. I hope I win this one!

mtruppi at gmail

Sam said...

Another green I don't have. *wails* Wants it, my preciousss. Yesss, we wantsss it! ;)

future [dot] nostalgic [at] gmail [dot] com

major_works said...

I'm liking green inks more lately and this looks like a nice one. Pick me!
david dot maliniak at penton dot com

Surfbits said...

What a great looking green! Thanks for telling us about this one. $3.50 is unheard of.
surfbits at gmail dot com

mario said...

I'm trying to figure this fantastic green in a Vista... and I wish it was my Vista...
From Italy - Ciao
mariofoglia at gmail.com

laoriginaltec said...

I follow you via google.
I love the color green!
torieliz at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Need it, want it, gotta have it.

Dajhek at gmail dot com

Bridgett said...

Hi! I follow you via your RSS feed. I love the color of this ink! I am hoping that I get to see it in person.

ginigin said...

Sounds like you really had a blast in NYC, can't wait to hear what you got at the pen show. Hoping my number comes up for this ink - definitely my favorite of all the samples. ginigin and cooperatswvanet, think you knows it.

Lauren said...

Hi, I follow you through google reader. :)

I love this!

orange@ohlauren.com

ThirdeYe said...

woohoo! Hope I win this time. My newly restored vintage pens are begging for some ink. :)

My e-mail is t h e t h i r d e y e @ g m a i l . c o m
Take out all the spaces, of course :)

Gun-Ik said...

I just got into non-cartridge inks (and fountain pens in general) and it'd be nice to try this out.

I follow via RSS :)

Sam H said...

I would love to try this ink. thanks for email,
Sam

hrm said...

A very appealing green. These Wancher inks are great. I look forward to any other colors they might make.

Sam H said...

thanks for keeping Whatever

Post a Comment