Monday, October 11, 2010

Inky Monday - Wancher Original Inks - asuka

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


This is the second review on the series of inks called the Silk Road Reserved Inks.  Please see my previous review here, for all the background information on the ink available from Asian Treasure Hunt on eBay.


This time we are looking at asuka brown.  The following is from Raul's description on eBay:




NEW Colorful Silk Road Journey Asuka Brown Color Ink
This color is derived from the Asuka Period in Japan. The Asuka Period was from 592-645, concentrated in Nara. At that time, Nara was the capital of the Japan and was a major destination on the Silk Road.
The Asuka period developed the Japanese Architecture in very connoisseur way. It was this architectures brown color which had long lasting impression on the Japanese color history. If you carefully observe the history you will notice a very strange connection of this brown color.
On the silk road, as Japan got its brown color from Asuka period and meanwhile this architecture was highly influence from the Indian subcontinents Harrapa-Mohenjodaro cities.
This is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. It was located along the South of Pakistan in Indus valley. It was a civilization of around 35,000 people with central administrative structure and architecture. The cities were majorly built by brown colored bricks. The entire architecture of stupa was buried after the extinction of this civilization. Later in 19th century these cities were excavated and stupa layout was discovered. 










This ink is REALLY close to Iroshizuku's Tsukushi, horsetail brown.  I like this brown, ALOT.  So as before, I am giving away one bottle of this brown ink to one lucky reader.  The rules have been modified just a bit, so please read them before commenting.

Oh and you have until Midnight EST on Monday, October 18 to leave your commment, because, WOO HOO!, I am going to NYC on Friday for the NYC Pen Show.  I will draw the winner as soon as I can when I return.

Thanks for reading!!

1. You must be a regular follower of my blog, either through Google, email or an RSS feed. Please just be honest and don't enter if you are not a regular follower.

2. Please leave an email address in your comment, I need a way to notify you if you are the winner. If I don't know how to reach you, you will have 7 days from the announcement of the winner to contact me.

3. You do NOT need to be a U.S. resident, I am thrilled to recognize my International readers as well and will ship worldwide.


Good Luck!! 

25 comments:

Surfbits said...

Thanks again for the review Julie, I love Browns. Will have to check this one out.
Tim
surfbits at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Heh!

I'm going to enter for a change - as the letter that's on it's way to you today shows - I'm into browns at the moment.

(You know my email - consider this a reply to the one I didn't reply to - sorry).

Carl

Bruno Taut said...

Once again, thanks for your informative report. This message is mostly to show you my moral support.

By the way, the 7th Madrid Pen Show will be celebrated on Nov 12-14. Interested in attending? I will!

This is the website: http://www.madridpenshow.com/?language=en

Regards,

BT

range said...

Hi Julie, would love to win this. I read you via RSS in Google Reader. Cheers.

David Neves said...

I'd be very interested in trying out a brown ink. Looks ... compelling. Thanks for the giveaway!

david w neves at gmail dot com

ladydandelion.net said...

WOOOHOOO I want to try that ink! :) Hope you'll have a GREAT trip to NYC (and that I win LOL).

Palimpsest said...

What a coincidence! I'm also doing a giveaway this Monday. I'd love to get your brown ink.Enjoy the NYC Show (I'm so envious).

Barry said...

I'd like to play! I've bookmarked your page and pop in every week or so - old-fashioned way of using the web, I know. barry.allan on gmail.com

Aimee said...

I adore brown inks, I can't seem to get enough of them! This looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Would love to try that ink - been following you for 6 months or so and love the blog antonysutton at btinternet dot com

SheilaM said...

Forever in search of the "perfect" brown; thanks for the review! Google follower; bagginshouse at gmail dot com.

JoniB said...

Google Reader fan here! This ink looks fabulous and I'm so glad you are heading for NYC! Be sure to take lots & lots of pictures for those of us left behind... Ha-ha! joni dot bowers at gmail dot com if you please!

Erin C. said...

That looks like a nice, saturated brown. And, of COURSE I would love to try it. I follow your blog with Google Reader and recently added you to those I follow on Twitter. beaucoop at gmail dot com.

ThirdeYe said...

I am both a follower through Google and an RSS feed. Count me in!

TheToadMen said...

I recently bought my first bottle of brown ink (MontBlanc Seasons Greetings) and I'm starting to like this color as an everyday ink at work.
So I would like to try this one, since the MontBlanc ink isn't available anymore.

BTW: this blog is a nice way to see new items!!

Bert from Holland
(gemeentehuis [at] gmail [dot] com)

Truppi said...

I'd love to try ths one out. i like the idea of affordable inks!

mtruppi at gmail

Christina said...

I'm a follower although I can only read the blog at home because work blocks blogs. :(
cheinle at kbhome dot com.

Sam H said...

Silk trail inks are very interesting.
Sam

Becca said...

What a lovely brown! I'd love to try it. I follow you on RSS.
-Becca (justbecca at gmail dot com)

ginigin said...

Hi Julie - have fun at the NY show! Thanks for comparison to Tsukushi. Would love to win a bottle and see in person. cooper at swva dot net. i follow through Google's RSS feed.

Scott said...

I don't own a brown yet! Hoping I can grab one.
(d dot scott dot kitchen at gmail) You're in my regular blog rotation.

PostMuse said...

I am just discovering the joys of brown. I only have Noodler's Walnut at the moment, and the brown that comes with one of my Petit1 mini fountain pens. I would love to add another color to my stash. Thank you for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I follow you on RSS. I've never heard of this brown ink, but I suppose this will be a good companion for my current love: Diamine Umber (which is a green suitable to this autumnal atmosphere here in east-Europe). Greetings from Hungary.

bdki01atf reemaild (hope you can read :) othu

ps: My collection of brown inks: Sailor Brown, J. Herbin Café des Isles and Lie de Thé, Pelikan Brilliant Brown.

Michael Francis said...

Brown? I don't think I have ever used brown. I certainly do not have any brown ink. I'd love to see it on paper.

Sam H said...

These colors are ver interesting. Thanks for bringing them to our attention

Post a Comment