Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Whirlwind Four Day NYC Tour!

If you are not a regular reader or are new to the blog, my apologies that this post is not pen related.  I got home Tuesday from a very long weekend (4 days), during which I went on my very first trip to NYC.  All I have to say is that if you have never been to this city, you absolutely have to visit it.

I arrived in NYC about noon on the 15th.  I cannot begin to describe this New York so I'm not going to try, I'm just going to let you look at the photos, however I will outline what we did on each day.

Day 1, Friday:  Around the city to St. Patrick's Cathedral, Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center, Times Square from a distance, Carnegie Hall and the New York City Pen Show

Day 2, Saturday:  The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Asia Society, around the city, the New York City Pen Show and dinner at the Brooklyn Diner with pen friends.  Oh, I also got to see the Hudson River and Hell's Kitchen, at night.

Day 3, Sunday:  The Dakota, then the train south to Ground Zero, St. Paul's Chapel, the Financial District, Trinity Church, Battery Park, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty (we did not go out to either, the lines were just too long), Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian, back to the Metropolitan Museum, through Central Park to Strawberry Fields.

Day 4, Monday, Shopping Day: The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, Greenwich Village, the walking and train and bus, to Muji, Dick Blick and Art Brown.  We also ate a great meal of Dim Sum at the Chinatown Brasserie.

Many, many thanks to my friend and hostess, Mia, from the jadecow sketches.

So here is a slideshow of the photos or you can view them on my Flickr site: New York City.


Millie said...

I love NYC. Sounds like you've had a busy few days!

Julie (Okami) said...

Yes, it was WONDERFUL!!! So many things to see and do!

Erin C. said...

Wow, you covered a lot of ground in 4 days! I love hearing about trips to NYC. The fact that you went to the NYC Pen Show makes this post at least in part pen related! Looks like a wonderful trip. Thanks for posting all your pictures - some were of places I've still not visited, so it was a treat to see them. The shot you took of the rosette window at St. John the Divine was excellent.

Julie (Okami) said...

Erin, you are right, but the pen show was just a bonus. The real treat was the city and the wonderful pen friends that I got to meet and know.

Gentian said...

I'm glad you had a great time! :D Seemed like a lot of fun.

Laura Eno said...

That was a busy four days! New York is a special place.

Erin C. said...

Great pics of a great city! Wow, you covered a lot in four days.

carl said...

Looks like you had a good time - you must have been tired!

Thank you for the photostream - it showed me many places that I have read about and now I've 'seen' them (I always imagined MoMA to be be more modern)!

Sam said...

Great pics! I'm glad you had such a good time in NYC; you certainly got your money's worth from only four days.

Post a Comment