Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Clairefontaine Roadbook Followup

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

So this is a follow-up to my previous review of the Clairefontaine Roadbook.  I took the Clairefontaine Roadbook with me on my recent trip to NYC to use as a daily journal to keep track of  where we went and what we saw every day.  It was also used as a sketchbook and fountain pen tester. Prior to leaving I added my own little pocket in the back, out of a piece of paper from a multimedia sketchbook.

This little notebook held up very well throughout the whole trip, with only one complaint: the glue on the front and back covers did not hold very well, although the glue on the spine remained intact. With this one exception, it performed admirably. Oh, yeah, they really should add the pocket.


Stephanie said...

Cool doodles. :) Too bad the glue didn't hold up - you'd think for a "roadbook" notebook it'd be super-strength glue or something like that.

Julie (Okami) said...

At least it held up on the spine and didn't come off completely. It is something that they could improve upon. said...

Great with a follow-up review! Good to know that the road book (had considered buying one to use as a travel notebook) has a not-too-good spine.

cynthia newberry martin said...

I'm a pen and pad person so I'm happy to have found your blog. Great photos, and I agree with Stephanie--cool doodles. And yes, definitely a good idea on the pocket.

Post a Comment