Monday, November 15, 2010

Moleskine Van Gogh Museum Sketchbook

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

Sometime in October there was a Tweet that said Amazon had these Moleskine Sketchbooks on sale for $4.99 each, that is $20 less that the normal retail for these small notebooks so I grabbed two while they were available.

I like these sketchbooks, they are great for every medium, except watercolor and this small, 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 inch sized is great for carrying in pocket or purse.

Moleskine is not generally my first choice in a notebook, their regular paper does not play well with fountain pens, but the sketchbooks perform admirably and I have been using a larger version for my art journal.

At this price I had to grab a couple. (Interesting, I just noticed that, unlike the large regular Moleskine sketchbook, these small Museum sketchbooks do not have a ribbon marker.)

1 comment:


I had to settle for Moleskine sketchbooks to write with my Visconti Opera Series fountain pen. I can't find Havana Quo Vadis in my area and with regular Moleskines (either pocket or large) the Visctoni bleeds like crazy. Nice review.

Post a Comment