Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wancher Original Inks - imari

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


http://space.geocities.jp/buonanotte8/colorink/blue-blackimari/IMG_9177.JPG

By this time you may have forgotten that the Wancher Inks consist of five colors. I previously reviewed asuka, matcha and ebine.  There are two colors remaining imari (blue) which I'll review today and tenmoku (black) which I hope to get to in the near future.


For those of you who have followed my blog for a while you know that I am a tax accountant in real life and busy season is now beginning, so my blog posts will slow to about once a week.  I worked hard while I was off during the holidays to try to get enough posts ready for the season. 


From Asian Treasure Hunt's eBay store:

NEW Colorful Silk Road Journey Imari Blue Color Ink
The name suggests the origin of the color i.e Imari. During the 15th century the Korean potter travelled to Japan to introduce the blue color pottery. During that period Japan was closed its foreign shores door and barely any trade activities were carried outside Japan. Japan invaded Korea and the King kidnapped the Korean potters in order to make the magnificent pottery only for the Imperial use. The king found the same kind of pottery in the southern part of Japan, i.e Kyushu Island named Imari. They kingdom restricted the imari region to only produce the Blue pottery with white, black bases.
The common man was banned to use or touch this kind of pottery. Later on the Chinese Emperor closed all Chinese trade with foreign nations. This made the Europeans to travel further to Silk Road to Japan for trading the beautiful Imari pottery. The Europeans high recommendation made the Imari pottery extremely popular. This came into effect the Magic of the Blue black color from the Imari porcelain.


This is actually pretty close to actual for this ink - I stuck my hand in it while it was still wet hence the spots and smears.

So to celebrate the New Year I am giving away a bottle of this also, please read all the rules closely, you have until midnight on Friday, January 17, U.S. EST.

1. You must be a regular follower of my blog, either through Google, email or an RSS feed. Please just be honest and don't enter if you are not a regular follower.

2. Please leave an email address in your comment, I need a way to notify you if you are the winner. If I don't know how to reach you, you will have 7 days from the announcement of the winner to contact me.

3. You do NOT need to be a U.S. resident, I am thrilled to recognize my International readers as well and will ship worldwide.

17 comments:

range said...

Hi, I'm an RSS follower. I've been reading your blog for about a year. My email is djrange@gmail.com

Sam said...

What a lovely shade. A decent Blue-black ink seems harder and harder to find these days, so I'll chuck my hat in the ring for this one if I may.

All the best for busy season, see you on the other side...

Bruno Taut said...

Happy New Year, this time from Europe.

Keep on the hard work one more year. You know--one entry at at time.

Cheers,

BT (katsura.rikyu at gmail d com)

Phil said...

Happy new year!

(solidtux at gmail)

ThirdeYe said...

I have been following on Google Reader for quite some time. :) My e-mail is thethirdeye at gmail dot com. :)

Sam H said...

I am interested in trying this ink.Great giveaway,

Becca said...

Hey! I have been following your rss for ages and I love trying out blues.

Good luck with tax season. :)

(madandcivilized (at) gmail )

Truppi said...

This is my favorite shade of all the Wancher inks you have reviewed so far. I hope to try it out!

Good luck with the season, my Mother worke for HR Block for many years and has always been and still is a bookeeper for various businesses. We hardly ever saw Mom during the dreaded tax time.

You can reach me through my gmail account or on FPN. =)

Christina said...

Cool giveaway. Please include me.

Robert Nash said...

hi there, i have been following your blog for some time now, hope i win, but if i dont - well, Whatever!
emal at rjn.fabregues at gmail.com

Connie said...

What a beautiful blue color! I love it.

I follow you by RSS feed.

onishii (at) hotmail.com

Stephanie said...

I'm seeing more purple/midnight blue in your ink swab. A very attractive color. Good luck with your busy season!

crowned.girl (at) gmail.com

ginigin said...

I love the name as much as the color. I follow you on Google reader as well as the Strathmore art journal workshop.

Surfbits said...

Thank you Julie, As if I didn't have enough inks that I want to try someday, you throw these unique inks at us. Well I'll add them to my list of inks to try to use one day. :-)

Surfbits at Gmail dot com

Connie said...

Love the color - please, please :)

Monica Marier said...

That ink looks perfectly delicious. I have a a hand-bound leather journal that's been waiting for that kind of classy embellishment. *drool*

beppo_the_monkey(at)yahoo(dot)com

Palimpsest said...

Triangular bottle? Intriguing!

Post a Comment