Wednesday, February 16, 2011

G. Lalo Éclats d'Or

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


I adore this paper!! This pad of 50 sheets of G. Lalo Éclats d'Or was sent to me by a friend and correspondent.  I'm pretty sure it was sent in response to my comment on how pretty the paper he had used was and asking about it.  So imagine my elation when I open the package and found this.



You have to look very closely at the following two photos but if you do, you will see the little specks of gold for which this paper is named.  Éclats d'Or means "sparks of gold" or "golden flashes".  It is much more obvious in person and was EXTREMELY difficult to try and photograph.



This paper is gorgeous and very smooth.  It is also, unfortunately, not available in the United States. Shoot, I couldn't even find it online anywhere in this pad format, so I'll have to inquire as to where it was purchased, as I'm sure that I will want more when this is gone.  So I will have to be sparing with it for the moment.

I have also asked Karen at Exaclair about this paper; and if there is any possibility of it coming to the US. Apparenly this paper was introduced into the US in 2010 but there was no demand from suppliers, I honestly do not understand why because it is lovely and I sure would buy it.

So I'll just enjoy dazzling my friends with this lovely paper and bug my UK friends when I need more.

9 comments:

Sam said...

Great post! I'm so pleased you're enjoying the paper. :)

Holly Wendt said...

This paper with 1670--that's going to be my pleasant daydream for the rest of the day.

Palimpsest said...

Julie, Papercandco.com has got it! Have a look at
http://www.paperandco.com/lang-en/46-g-lalo-eclat-d-or-faire-part

Julie (Okami) said...

Thanks, Lito - It's just frustrating that it is so lovely and yet it's not available in the US - stationery buyers do not know what they are missing.

The Pen Warrior said...

I have not seen this before it looks great, I am going to have to give it a try.

bengkia said...

The paper looks amazing. I am going to see if i can get some! Thanks for sharing Julie!

Stephanie said...

Not enough people in the US are stationery buyers, I guess? I found it much easier to find good stationery anywhere in Europe than anywhere in the US. :( What a pretty pad of paper.

Brian Goulet said...

The reason no one carries it in the US is because it isn't imported here. Exaclair is good to work with though, and a retailer could special order them (I believe, I'd have to check to make sure). The only issue is they have to be purchased in rather large quantities, and it's not cheap paper. It's quite a speculative purchase for a retailer to drop large amounts of cash on a paper that no one knows about! But when great bloggers like Julie showcase these lesser-known papers, it creates interest and greatly increases the likelihood that a retailer could support a large purchase like what would be required for the Éclats d'or.

The Missive Maven said...

I really should do a review of this, as well. It was Julie's review that made me aware of it, so when I saw it on a trip to Europe, I knew I'd better snatch it up since it's not available in the USA. It is FABULOUS, I love it, and I will go to great lengths to get more once I run out.

Post a Comment