Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tom Bihn Imago

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


I previously wrote about the Tom Bihn Company when I reviewed the Field Journal Notebook.  Please see that review.


Today I want to tell you about my Imago bag.  Another part of my daily arsenal that I do not think I could survive without.  So first the facts from the Tom Bihn website:
The Imago is an open-top bag that closes with a flap and a 2"/50mm plastic side-release Warrior buckle. Under the flap, on the front of the bag, are two pockets: one curved open-top and one zippered, plus three places to snap your key strap (included) or Organizer Pouch (optional; order here). Inside the main compartment are two deep pouch pockets that work well for organizing power adapters, or storing energy bars. On the back, a flat pocket is perfect for magazines or a newspaper. The top exterior of the bag features a webbing grab/carry handle.
On both sides of the Imago are small pockets designed to securely carry portable electronic devices such as cell phones, iPods/MP3 players or PDAs. Lined with Ultrasuede and closed by #8 YKK "splash-proof" Uretech├»¿½ zippers, these snug little pockets also provide scratch-free storage for eyewear.
The Imago is available in twelve color combinations. Different color combinations are made out of different fabrics: Ballistic Nylon and 1000 denier Cordura.
The Imago rides your shoulder with the Standard Shoulder Strap, a 1-1/2" wide heavy nylon webbing strap with a comfortable wide foam pad that won't slip off your shoulder and is designed to conform to your shoulder and back. A removable waist strap secures the bag to your body when you're the move, which makes the Imago a great bag to use when you're riding a bike (push or motor).
Made of 1050 denier Ballistic nylon - or - 1000 denier Cordura®; lined with 500 denier Cordura®

Overall dimensions: 14.5" x 12.25" x 3.5" / 370 x 310 x 90mm

Volume: 13.5 liters (825 cu. in.)

Weight: 1lb, 9oz / 700 grams

Made in the TOM BIHN Factory in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A

This is my bag - it is Cocoa with a Wasabi interior.  I really like the light bright interior as it make finding things inside it so much easier.


Here is my bag filled with substantially more that I usually carry, but I wanted to show you how it easily handles a ton of stuff.


And here is all the stuff: one Fabriano Venezia Sketchbook, two large Rhodia pads, one Junior size Levenger Circa, one 12 half pan watercolor bijoux box, one portable watercolor brush, one tin of graphite pencils, one Exacompta Sketchbook, one digital camera, one iPhone and one Tom Bihn accessory bag with assorted pens and pencils. Oh yeah, one book called How to Read Chinese Paintings.


Although this bag is stuffed I probably could have put more in it.

8 comments:

bengkia said...

Nice EDC. What's that leather journal in the lower left corner with what looks like a wrap and tie closure? Looks interesting.

Julie (Okami) said...

That's my Handbound Steampunk Journal from Rhonda Miller of MyHandboundBooks. My review is here: http://okami-whatever.blogspot.com/2009/09/handbound-steampunk-journal.html

bengkia said...

Thanks Julie!!

journalingarts said...

Nice bag. Looks perfect for an artistic outing.

Christina said...

After reading the review I went to their site and I think I'll get the medium cafe bag. While searching I came across this and thought it was interesting. Did you know of this?
http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/tombihn.asp

dianeb said...

I love Tom Bihn too, they are really great bags. don't remember this one, will have to add to my wish list. Great review!

teabird said...

Ooh, I've been wanting a Tom Bihn bag, too. The "treason tag" is one more reason to love that company!

reallyaccessiblememory.com said...

My wife bought me a Tom Bihn bag for Xmas last year- excellent - well made spacious and light weight.
And I had the added of pleasure of responding to the question: 'what did you get for Xmas?' with the enigmatic; 'my wife bought me a bin bag!'

Post a Comment