Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BookJournals

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


If you want a unique, one-of-a-kind, journal then BookJournals is the place to go.  Each of these books is made from recycled book covers and pages.  The journals contain some of the original pages in addition to about 75 sheets of 24/60#, acid free, BLANK paper.


Book Journals
It should be noted that EACH JOURNAL IS UNIQUE, as in one of a kind. they are all made from recycled book covers and because of it each one is a different size. but please know that we do our best to only put up journals that are of an average or reasonable size. if you have questions about how big a journal is please email me, i'd love to give you more information.
The journals are filled with about 75 sheets of 24/60#, acid free, BLANK paper, which is a nice journaling or sketching paper. inside the front cover and throughout every book we retain any beautiful cover pages, illustrations, library cards, maps, inscriptions, or what-have-you found in the book (we find all kinds of beautiful stuff in these old books). and it's all held together with a black plastic spiral. 


I chose this journal for a several of reasons. First, I have been looking at these journals for a while, ever since I saw them mentioned on another blog, somewhere in cyberspace. Second, I've always had a soft spot for werewolves and wolves in general.  Third, I just love the title.


When I placed my order, I did something wrong.  I added this book to my cart and started to check out. Then I decided to look some more and see if another journal caught my eye. When I backed up, some how my original book had disappeared, so I decided to wait a few days and see if it reappeared.


About 4 days later, a mystery package showed up in my mailbox. When I opened it, it contained the journal.  I knew that I had not paid for it, so I immediately got on the phone and called Jacob Deatherage. He new exactly which book I had ordered, checked his records, said oops, yes he had shipped it without payment and that I should just keep the journal and not worry about it. I thanked him profusely and promised to do this review.



This particular book was originally published in 1938 and the journal contains about 30 of the original pages interspersed with the blank pages added for journaling.


The added paper is very nice. I experienced some minor feathering with one or two of the fountain pen inks that I tried.




There was no bleedthrough and just minor ghosting on the back side of the paper.


Thanks to the spiral binding this journal lays very flat.

In addition to the  book journals, like this one, which run about 5" by 8".  They also offer Little Golden Books, which are about the same size; large format books are about 8" by 10" and they also have Cookbooks, Dr. Suess, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys and smaller journals.

If you just don't see what you want, they will even bind your own book for a $10 fee.  There really is something for everyone here.

In addition to the website you can Like BookJournals (ExLibrisAnonymous) on Facebook, visit their Etsy shop and/or follow them on Twitter.

4 comments:

JoniB said...

Dang! I love the cover and now I want to read the original book! LOL!

Stephanie said...

I have one of those - Time- and Strata-Bound Ore Deposits. :) It only took me a few months to finish writing in it because I loved it so much I'd actually write in my journal. ;) I'm a happy user as well.

Anonymous said...

Do you guys know if a Quiver pen holder can fit that? I just bought one and love it, I'd like to see about what other journal types it can fit on.

Julie (O-kami) said...

My double Quiver for the large notebook fits this perfectly

Post a Comment