Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New storage for letters and postcards

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


I stopped by Total Wine & More the other day and while I was checking out I noticed that they were selling all their wooden wine crates. Price - $4.99.


Well, you can beat that price so after I checked out I went over to look at them.  This one immediately caught my eye - it's imprinted on all sides and even on the inside of the cover.  Not or the others were as well made.  It even still has the wooden holders for the wine bottles inside.


So I brought it home, sanded down the rough spots, stained and polished it and now it is being used to store all the letters and postcards that I keep.


8 comments:

The Missive Maven said...

What a steal! And what an awesome storage idea!

You found a beautiful bargain.

mim said...

You scored! I'm going to pop into all the wine shops and see if any of them are disposing of similar boxes. Sweet.

Gentian said...

That's a really nice box! :D Lovely storage idea.

Shangching said...

The wooden box looks gorgeous! Now I will be hunting for something similar.

Jan in CA said...

What a great idea. I'll be on the look out for a great case like that. We live in "wine country" so I'm hopeful.

mabb said...

That is wonderful! The name Nickel & Nickel is fab, too.

Sarah said...

How fun and pretty! I'd like something nice like this to keep mine in, and I need more storage for my letters.

The Pen Thief said...

That's an awesome way to store postcards or letters!!

Post a Comment