Sunday, December 18, 2011

New Iroshizuku Inks


I received three of the four new Iroshizuku ink colors this past week.  The only one that I did not get is ina-ho which is a brown.

I'm a little ambivalent about these inks, they are not quite as intense and saturated as some of the other Iroshizuku inks, but I do like them.

I did not think that I was going to like the kosumosu, which is a light pink, but the more I use it the more I like it.  The green is truly a bamboo color and also a nice writer, but my favorite of this group is the mirasaki-shikibu, which is a luscious purple.  They call it a bluish purple but I do not detect the blue.

These inks are currently available in the US from Jetpens or on eBay from Engeika, I'm sure Goulet Pens will have these inks soon also.

6 comments:

Molossus said...

Ooh, pretties! Thank you for the review.

I just ordered Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses. I can't wait to try it out, although I don't know if I'll get the black swan without a flex pen. The flex pen may have to be the next purchase.

I knew I should have stayed away from fountain pens, lol!

inkophile said...

Pretty colors for spring. :)

Rori said...

Thanks for the post--glad to see these inks in action :D
I agree, these are FAB spring inks!!

PensMakeMeHappy said...

I´m currently waiting for a couple of Iro inks. Can´t wait. Your swabs look gorgeous.

Question: What do you think about the Chiku-Rin ink? Do you need to have a broad/very wet nib to use it (it looks sort of light-coloured to me)?

Julie (O-kami) said...

PMMH - it is a little light, but not as light as this photo. I do prefer it in an italic nib.

PensMakeMeHappy said...

I received the samples, and the Chiku-Rin is just a lovely, lovely green. So lovely, in fact... a bottle is on its way to my home. :)

I tried it out with a wet MF and I can definitively see why you like it in an italic nib.

Post a Comment