Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DeAtramentis Black Edition Inks

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

Sometime in December, Goulet Pens began carrying the DeAtramentis ink brand.  I really did not need any more bottles of ink (the current count is 95), but I was interested in the Black Edition, so I ordered samples.  Unfortunately, they were out of the Blue Black when I ordered them.



I am always hesitant to do ink reviews, because the choice of ink can be so subjective.  So I've completed the standard review page and will let you judge for yourself. Keep in mind that the inks may appear different from monitor to monitor.




Oh, I also went crazy when Goulet had their recent Samplepalooza sale and have 20 more samples on the way, including the Waterproof Blacks. So perhaps you'll see more reviews.

5 comments:

Molossus said...

Wonderful review! I've been trying to keep myself from buying every ink under the sun! But I couldn't resist getting the Heart of Darkness since it comes with a free pen, and I needed a black.

These inks are almost as addictive as zentangles!

Matthias said...

I've had problems with some of DeAtramentis' inks, e.g. the wine ink, but others were very good...

Trece said...

I missed an ik sale??!!!
I love a good brown ink, and a green one. Sigh. . .

Brian Goulet said...

I'm sorry we've been out of the Blue-Black! We haven't been carrying DA all that long and it's tough to know what will sell fast and what won't...that in combination with a really, really long shipping lag time from Germany to us means we're going to be out of some of the more popular ink colors until we figure out what inks to really stock up on. That will be one of them! We already have more on order, but it takes upwards of two months for the ink to come in. I'm sorry for that! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the sale though, it's rare that we do that. We had some extra helpers on their college winter breaks, so we took advantage of the additional hands!

Kevin Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment