Thursday, April 26, 2012

An Eclectic Mix from JetPens

I was recently contacted by Lily from JetPens and asked if I would like to participate in a new sponsorship program they were starting. The chance to pick and review pens, inks and other office supply goodies??? No chance that I would turn that down.

I chose the Moleskine Reading Stand for e-Readers or Books, Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens and Midori D-Clip Paper Clips.

I have been wanting a stand for my iPad.  The Smart cover from iPad just does not provide the kind of support that I want. I have looked at a number of different types of stands but decided that the Moleskine Reading Stand is the best one for me.  It is the most reasonably priced (only $17.95) and the fact that it lays completely flat allows me to put it in one of the outside pockets of my Tom Bihn Breve Bag.  This makes it extremely portable.

The stand allows my iPad to be used in either portrait or landscape and provides two different reading angles.

I also purchased two Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens in Ultramarine Blue and Magenta. I honestly should have known better, I have a Pentel Brush Pen that I have not yet learned to use, but I just had to try these.

I think these pens are a wonderful addition to the tools of an artist who knows how to use them, but for me it has been an exercise in futility.  I feel much like No Pen Intended in this post Akashiya Bamboo Body Brush Pen, although my attempt at art is MUCH worse.

 The tip is a true brush, not just a felt tip that acts like a brush.

 And the ink is water soluble.
Lastly, I added these Midori D-Clips, Dog, to my paperclip selection.  A few years ago a friend gave me a tin of Kikkerland bone shaped paper clips.

 So these Dog Clips are an appropriate addition.  Even G likes these.

 I was amused to see that these clips from Midori, which is a Japanese company, are made in China.

JetPens has a wonderful selection of  Japanese office supplies, pens, pencils, paper...the list goes on and on.


Azizah said...

Those brush pens look so cool but sadly, I have no concept of how to use them. I'm not sure if I should just invest in one and try to figure it out, or if that's futile! The paperclips are adorable!! I have the kitties and love them! Although I'm terrified of losing them... hehe. I enjoyed your selection of purchases from JetPens here!

phonelady said...

wow what awesome things you have going on have been away for awhile sorry we have not talked much over the last year . please forgive me for losing touch . I hope this finds you well and please stay in touch with me . see ya cathy

Post a Comment