Friday, June 15, 2012

Jet Pens - June

 I love Jet Pens and I really love ordering stuff on a monthly basis.  Especially new stuff.

This month I ordered more of the Tombow Ippo Pencil capsDiamine Fountain Pen ink in Ancient Copper, a Prismacolor Pencil Sharpener (this was to replace one I lost, I found it so now I have an extra), and a Kuretake Handmade Envelope Template - Japanese Version.

I actually intended to purchase the western version of the template, but now that I have it and I've tried it out, I really like this template (but that is another post).

I have had this 5.5 mm lead holder for a number of years (I acquired it from Levenger) and have used it for sketching for some time, but never had a way to sharpen the lead (other than with a knife) so when I saw these on the JetPens site, I knew that I had to grab one. It works wonderfully, so much better than a knife.

Thanks again, Lily, for the sponsorship and allowing me to try out all these great products.

I apologize for the sporadic posting lately.  I'm on a month long sabbatical from work and have been doing some traveling.


Molossus said...

Cool stuff! I'm eager to hear how the Diamine Fountain Pen ink in Ancient Copper does!

Julie (O-kami) said...

I can tell you that I love this ink already - I purchased it based upon a sample I had gotten earlier, so knew that I wanted it. I'll do a review - when I return from my next trip - too hard to blog post when you're traveling

kp said...

Julie, glad to see a new post from you! I'm looking forward to perhaps a review of the envelope template. That really interests me! Enjoy your travels!

ElaineB said...

Julie, I have that same clutch lead holder, and it comes with a sharpener in the cap. Pull it off the end (give it a good tug, you won't break it) and voila, there's the sharpener inside all ready to go. Actually, before you pull the end off, extend the lead about an inch or so, to make it long enough to fit in the sharpener. (I ALWAYS forget to do that!)

Trece said...

I can't wait til I can order what I want from JetPens!! Looking forward to seeing the actual color of the copper ink!! Have oodles of fun on vaycay!

Julie (O-kami) said...

Thanks, Elaine - I tried and tried but I cannot get the cap to come off. So I'm grateful for the sharpener.

Trece said...

I really have to shop at Jet Pens again. That template looks lovely.

Post a Comment