Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Featured Pen - Ariel Kullock Fantasy Parker 51 Magnum

Ariel Kullock is from Buenos Aires, Argentina and had been interested in vintage writing instruments since he was 17.  He is an artist who designs his own pens and also repairs and restores vintage pens and all kinds of writing instruments. You really should explore his website, he makes some beautiful custom fountain pens.

One of the things that he is known for is the Fantasy Parker 51's.  My basic understanding is that he takes the internal workings, vac or aerometric and nib, and then creates the barrels and caps for them.  Generally from materials that were never used by Parker in any original production.

I fell in love, with the deep Pearlized Red acrylic of this pen and tried to capture that color in my photos, without much success. This really is a pen that must be seen in person.

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]



kp said...

what a beautiful pen!! enjoy it!

KjM said...

This is, indeed, a beautiful pen.

I browsed the site as suggested, and then ran away. :) Much too beautiful for my pen budget this year!

Your pen confirms my belief that they're functional works of art. Enjoy.

(Now I've figured out how to take good macro shots with my camera, I intend doing a blog entry about my Sailor Koi - soon, I promise.)

Post a Comment