Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Frictionless Capture Cards


[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]
 
 It has taken me a little while to figure out where I first saw this cool cards, buy I finally remember From the Pen Cup and Mary's awesome review.
Thanks, Mary, for introducing me to these cards.


The Frictionless Capture Cards are standard 3" x 5" index cards with a few wonderful features.  They are grid printed on 70# premium cover stock.

The first thing you'll notice are the grey and red blocks on the top of each card. You can see on Mary's blog that she is using them to create and complete to do lists.  I've gone a little different direction with mine at the moment.




This first card was simply a test as to how will they would handle fountain pen ink.  As to be expected, with this heavy weight stock there was no bleed through, at all.  There was however some minor feathering and even that was minimal and limited to certain nibs and inks.


Some time ago I won this wonderful 3x5 leather notebook from Renaissance Arts.  Last year I used it to store my cards from Dasiy Yellows ICAD challenge. This year I am working through a couple of books, the first of which is The Artisit's Way by Julia Cameron.  I have just discovered that these cards are PERFECT for writing down those items in the book that I want to keep handle.

Thanks again, Mary and thank you to Aaron Mahnke for creating this great simple tool.





1 comment:

Mary Collis said...

THANK YOU for the link & the review! Now I must get a 3x5 notebook...great idea!

Post a Comment