Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Featured Pen - Allian East Meets West Maki-e

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]


I acquired this lovely pen from Kim at Penquest.com while attending the Dallas Pen Show.
I have actually been looking at this pen since I spied it on Brian Gray's photostream from the LA Pen Show.


The pen in Maki-e on a Stipula Etruria base. It is engraved Allian Pens which is another name for PensPlus.


Allian always make this pens as limited editions.  This one happens to be #9 of a total of 10 pens available.


It has a lovely fine 14kt nib.


7 comments:

JoniB said...

Beautiful pen!

write to me often said...

I might be fall in love right now! Could you please give it a kiss for me :)

Trece said...

It's a beautiful pen! Like a work of art, but - I'm a medium to broad nib gal (pout).

Azizah said...

I can't believe I got to touch this. Pea green with envy.

KjM said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a beautiful pen. "Functional works of art" - my term for fountain pens was seldom more true than when applied to this pen.

I am glad I got to see it on a web site - and not in person! :-)

My bank balance would be at risk.

It will be anyway, I'm going to the San Francisco Pen Show in the first week of October. Oh dear.

kp said...

What a lovely pen, Julie. Congratulations on acquiring such a fine instrument.

Estivalia said...

wow, what a beautiful pen! :)

Post a Comment