Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bound Custom Journals

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

These are truly unique Custom Journals, the key descriptor here being "custom".


The journals come in three styles, the Original Bound Journal (on the right above), the Bound Memo (on the left) and the Vegan Leather Bound Journal, which is the same as the Original Bound Journal but with a Vegan Leather cover.


Joel Sandler, one of the company's founders, contacted me a few weeks ago and asked if I would like to review their journals. He offered me a credit towards the purchase.


These journals are customizable in a myriad of ways.  You may choose to include city maps, regional maps, gridded pages, dotted pages, contact pages, checklists, grocery lists, games, calendars and other options. You need to explore the website to see all the available options.

 
I chose to purchase two journals.  A Bound Memo, in which I selected a London City Map and several of the other page options including isometric grids both lined and dotted, checklist, grocery list and a few others that I did not photograph.







The Bound Memo contains 48 pages with a cardboard cover.  The paper is Roland Enviro100% Post-Consumer Recycled Fiber paper.


The second journal is the Original Bound Journal with a Red (Valentine) cover.  The cover is 100% cotton-wrapped and the paper is Roland Enviro 100% post-consumer recycled fiber.


I chose to have this journal filled with 140 blank pages. The paper performed well with fountain pens with no feathering, however there is substantial bleed-through and show-through.

These journals are hand-made in Durham, North Carolina and will take a little while to get to you since each is made to the specifications of your custom order.

These journals truly are custom and perfect for traveling, which was the original intent, to create a travel journal customized to your trip.

If I ever make it to London, I am prepared but in the meantime I can dream and explore my wonderful city map.




2 comments:

Kevin Mackey said...

Gorgeous journals. I'd be concerned about the bleedthrough, though.

TonysVision said...

I, too, prefer an unlined journal. After trying many i've settled on the Canson 7 by 10 inch field sketchbook. The pound paper is perfect for fountain pen use, without bleeding or see-through, and the book opens flat for writing or sketching easier on either page. The drawback to the binding is that it is impossible to label the spine. The book is acid free, and contains 80 sheets of 65 pound paper.

Post a Comment