Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sula Jane and Earl Writing Sheaves

[You can click on any of the photos to enlarge for more detail]

I first heard about Sula Jane and Earl from a post I read about the San Francisco Pen Show, so I perused their website and decided that one of their pen sheaves was destined to be in my future.

From the website:
Founded in Los Angeles in 2012, Sula Jane and Earl is a family business inspired by heritage and a 60 acre family farm in Pennsylvania. Like the land our grandparents farmed, our work is hand made, strong, tactile and beautiful. Each product is sewn, nurtured and cultivated to protect your treasured writing instruments through daily use.



Then when I connected with the company on Twitter [@SulaJaneandEarl] I tweeted that I admired their product and was surprised when they offered to send me a sheave. How could I turn down the offer? I chose the Two Color Sheaf in Spruce and Aqua.



The Sula Jane and Earl product line up consists of Writing Sheaves, Calling Card Sheaves, Pen and Ink Desk Boxes and Custom Work.


The sheaf is well constructed and the leather is soft and pliable. I can tell that this sheaf will become more flexible and soft with continued use.


The sheaf rolls up nice and tight. They offer single pen sheaves and all the others hold 3 pens. If I have one comment it is that they only hold three pens, it would be nice if they held more.

These sheaves are practical and attractive, you can't go wrong choosing one of the available options to cushion your pens.


1 comment:

Trece said...

Lovely holder. I can just imagine it is butter-soft! I have the feeling I owe you a letter. Lord willing, by next Wednesday!

Post a Comment