Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another Jesse Aston Custom Journal



Another wonderful custom journal from Jesse Aston over at Aston Handmade.





This journal, in addition to have this wonderful, eyepopping hot pink cover has a couple of hidden attributes.


First, there is this wonderful pawprint page maker, which I wish was just a tad longer.


And an awesomely color front envelope. I have not yet decided if I prefer this placement over the back pocket, or if it really makes a difference.


The requisite elastic closure, which is my only complaint. I wish this was made out of a little stronger elastic, I can envision the elastic giving out very quickly.


But the coup de grace of this journal is the paper.



Lovely and thin,


yes, there is show through, but it's worth it to use...


Tomoe River Paper.

If you have not yet tried this paper you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Here is a link to Jesse's Etsy shop, I Art Books, but you'll have to inquire about journals with Tomoe River Paper.  I do not that there is discussion about Goulet Pens possibly importing it or you might check the classifieds over at FPN.

3 comments:

phonelady said...

that is so nice Im jealous . good post dear and nice to see you back have missed you .

Azizah Asgarali said...

:| This journal is a combo of my favourite things ever!!! LOVES! I want one.

Jesse Aston said...

What, pink and tomoe?

Post a Comment