Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Clairefontaine Back to Basics 1951

Some weeks ago I came home from work to find a package from Exaclair waiting for me.  I could not imagine what it might be since I had not won anything from them recently. Thank you, Karen!



 I opened the package and found these two lovely carnet notebooks from Clairfontaine's Back to Basics 1951 collection.


From the label: "For you, Clairefontaine has reintroduced its original notebook cover with a modern twist of the iconic French notebook. Collection 1951, combines Clairefontaine's renowned satin smooth 90g paper and the timeless look of the original covers. An exceptional collection, offering a high-quality and vintage look."



As expected, the wonderfully smooth 90g paper from Clairefontaine performs beautifully with fountain pens.
 

 Some minor showthrough but no bleedthrough or feathering.  I love these notebooks and plan to use them as study books for a work related project yet to be started.

These notebooks may be found at a number of brick and mortar stores in addition to your favorite online retailers.

3 comments:

phonelady said...

You always manage to find such nice things on your doorstep you lucky girl you . take care my dear and yes they are beautiful just beautiful .

Azizah Asgarali said...

These notebooks are so cute. Right amount of pages - easy to use up without making me feel overwhelmed hehe!

bonnie jean woolger said...

nice treat :)

Post a Comment