Monday, July 28, 2014

Featured Pen: Scriptorium Pens Bard

Somewhere in the neighborhood of four to five years ago, I made the online acquaintance (via Twitter) of Renee, aka @lady_tortoise aka @ScriptoriumPens. (You can follow her on Twitter, Instagram and Flickr) Back then Renee was wrapping up her first career and getting ready to retire. Our friendship was built upon a love of fountain pens and dogs. Below are some photos of her beautiful Australian Shepherds aka The Mud Puppies.



Fast forward to 2014, Renee and I lost touch. I am not on Twitter all that much anymore, but I do follow a number of blogs and I check into Twitter now and then.

I don't remember exactly where but I stumbled across Scriptorium Pens and began to explore the website. The more I read, the more I realized that this was my old friend, so I immediately got in touch and discovered that she has launched a second career as a pen maker.

One thing lead to another and the Bard featured here is the result. I simply loved the shape of this pen.


Scriptorium Pens offers twelve unique designs or you can work with her to create your own custom pen. You also have a wide range of materials to choose from. Renee will provide you the links to materials providers and you can go wild.



The material I chose is Maj'K Mists Color Shifting. I love the gorgeous iridescence of this material, however it makes this a difficult pen to photo.


I had this pen made as an eye dropper, although I can use a converter.


I chose a two-toned steel nib (gold is just outrageous right now) in Extra Fine.


Check that translucency.


So if you are looking for a custom pen, check out Renee's website, I don't think that you will be disappointed.




5 comments:

Melanie said...

I, too, am a fountain pen and dog lover. Don't know which I love more! Her dogs ARE beautiful. I love that she lets them have fun in the mud even though it creates an inconvenience for her. Her pens are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Azizah Asgarali said...

That is a stunning material! WOW.

Christine Witt said...

I recently started following Scriptorium on Instagram - so impressive! Thank you for the review! (Pentulant)

scriptoriumpens.com said...

Thank you so much for the great review, Julie!

phonelady said...

those pens are gorgeous . You are so awesome and you share it all with us . God bless you

Post a Comment